Monday, April 26, 2010

Bou Tea





Bou Tea is in the theater district so I was able to run to it before catching a show.  I stayed so long I had to take a rickshaw to catch to show on time.  It was not what I expected. It was super laid back and hip but gave me serious service and coffee. 

The owner happened to be there and perked up when I started in with my questions.  She was friendly and community-oriented and gave me 3 more great recommendations for my tour. 

The art and style was very DIY and expressive. The barista was kick-ass and on a constant search for the perfect roast.  They are currently using Monmouth, a favorite for independent, high-end cafes.  Since I had Monmouth so much on this tour (and afterwards since I brought all the beans that I had in London back to Berlin with me to check them out in the lab) I was tempted to try the teas although I was pressed for time.  

From the Yelp reviews and blog posts seems I missed an opportunity to try some wonderful tea.  Given that tea is obviously the focus, it is good to see that they are not ignoring their coffee.  It is comfortable, convenient and one of the more affordable places on the tour. 


22 Wellington St., Opera Quarter Covent Garden London WC2E 7DD

No comments:

Post a Comment