Monday, April 26, 2010

Kaffeine




This was definitely a highlight of my tour and if I could teleport myself somewhere right now, it would be into Kaffeine. It seems like the best of London's coffee comes from Australia and New Zealand. The folks from Kaffeine seem to have pulled off the most sophisticated result.

The coffee was super. I happened to be there the day after they received their delivery of the new spring espresso from Square Mile Roasters so I just had straight shots. I was blown away. It was not pretentious. There were a flock of workers behind the counter that seemed like apprentices if for no other reason than their humility. The Synesso machine was beautiful. The result was that I had a little slice of heaven that morning.

After checking their site, I found that they had some of the strictest standards that I've heard about for baristas. "Our Baristas have at least three continuous years experience behind a professional espresso machine. They are continuously in pursuit of perfecting the art of espresso making."

I drool when I think of this place. If you could only go to one place in London for coffee, Kaffeine would be it.

66 Great Titchfield St Westminster, London W1W 7QJ, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment